If you really want to help the American theater, don’t be an actress, dahling. Be an audience.
I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone.
Topics: Mental Illness
Let’s not quibble! I’m the foe of moderation, the champion of excess. If I may lift a line from a die-hard whose identity is lost in the shuffle, “I’d rather be strongly wrong than weakly right.”
Topics: Excess, Mistakes
No man worth his salt, no man of spirit and spine, no man for whom I could have any respect, could rejoice in the identification of Tallulah’s husband. It’s tough enough to be bogged down in a legend. It would be even tougher to marry one.
Topics: Husbands, Marriage
I’ve tried several varieties of sex. The conventional position makes me claustrophobic and the others give me a stiff neck or lockjaw.
They used to photograph Shirley Temple through gauze. They should photograph me through linoleum.
I read Shakespeare and the Bible and I can shoot dice. That’s what I call a liberal education.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Katharine Hepburn American Actor
- Drew Barrymore American Film Actress
- Marlene Dietrich German-born American Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Richard Carlson American Actor
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Will Rogers American Humorist, Actor
- Elizabeth Taylor American Actress
- Sandra Bullock American Film Actress
- Lucille Ball American Actor