It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
Topics: Living, Time, Time Management, The Present
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.
True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard. It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds—a handful of stars tossed into the night sky.
Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- James Agee American Man of Letters
- Mignon McLaughlin American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Sydney J. Harris American Essayist, Drama Critic
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Dale Carnegie American Self-Help Author
- Washington Irving American Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- Shana Alexander American Journalist