The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one’s work seriously and taking one’s self seriously. The first is imperative and the second is disastrous.
Topics: Expectations, Awareness, Acceptance, Realization, Realistic Expectations, Learning
Great artists are people who find the way to be themselves in their art. Any sort of pretension induces mediocrity in art and life alike.
Topics: The Artist
Life forms illogical patterns. It is haphazard and
full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by;
for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Take your work seriously, but never yourself.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anna Neagle English Actress
- David Hockney British Artist
- Audrey Hepburn Belgian-British Actress
- Kate Winslet English Actress
- Edith Evans English Actress
- Agatha Christie British Novelist
- David Whyte Anglo-Irish Poet
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist
- Robert Ranke Graves British Writer
- Emma Thompson British Actress, Screenwriter