The individual woman is required a thousand times a day to choose either to accept her appointed role and thereby rescue her good disposition out of the wreckage of her self-respect, or else follow an independent line of behavior and rescue her self-respect out of the wreckage of her good disposition.
Topics: Women, Self-respect
Men and women are like right and left hands: it doesn’t make sense not to use both.
I want to stand by my country, but I cannot vote for war. I vote no.
What one decides to do in crisis depends on one’s philosophy of life, and that philosophy cannot be changed by an incident. If one hasn’t any philosophy in crises, others make the decision.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Helen Keller American Author
- Carrie Chapman Catt American Suffragist
- Julia Ward Howe American Poet, Author
- Joan Baez American Singer
- Robert Owen British Social Reformer
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- Marianne Williamson American Activist