The individual woman is required a thousand times a day to choose either to accept her appointed role and thereby rescue her good disposition out of the wreckage of her self-respect, or else follow an independent line of behavior and rescue her self-respect out of the wreckage of her good disposition.
Topics: Self-respect, Women
What one decides to do in crisis depends on one’s philosophy of life, and that philosophy cannot be changed by an incident. If one hasn’t any philosophy in crises, others make the decision.
You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
I want to stand by my country, but I cannot vote for war. I vote no.
Men and women are like right and left hands: it doesn’t make sense not to use both.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Helen Keller American Author
- Carrie Chapman Catt American Suffragist
- Julia Ward Howe American Poet, Author
- Joan Baez American Singer
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Robert Owen British Social Reformer
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Marianne Williamson American Activist
- Robin Morgan American Activist