I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I’m damned if I’m going to use up mine running up and down a street.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
We have no proof, but if we extrapolate, based on the best information we have available to us, we have to come to the conclusion that … other life probably exists out there and perhaps in many places…
Science has not yet mastered prophecy. We predict too much for the next year and yet far too little for the next 10.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Glenn American Astronaut
- Gerald Ford American Head of State
- Ross Perot American Businessman
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- John McCain American Politician
- James Maitland Stewart American Film Actor
- John Wayne American Actor
- Edward R. Murrow American Journalist
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist