Fascism in power is the open, terroristic dictatorship of the most reactionary, the most chauvinistic, the most imperialistic elements of finance capitalism.
It is not “history” which uses men as a means of achieving—as if it were an individual person—its own ends. History is nothing but the activity of men in pursuit of their ends.
As in private life one differentiates between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does, so in historical struggles one must still more distinguish the language and the imaginary aspirations of parties from their real organism and their real interests, their conception of themselves from their reality.
Topics: Politics, Politicians
The development of civilization and industry in general has always shown itself so active in the destruction of forests that everything that has been done for their conservation and production is completely insignificant in comparison.
Religion is the opiate of the masses.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach German Philosopher
- Friedrich Engels German Socialist Political Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher
- Wilhelm Dilthey German Philosopher
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Jose Ortega y. Gasset Spanish Philosopher
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher, Scholar
- Friedrich Schleiermacher German Theologian
- Christopher Hitchens Anglo-American Social Critic