Forget the long ago. We are here and we are now, and that is all. We are making a new start.
The worst superstition is to consider our own tolerable.
It is terrible to destroy a person’s picture of himself in the interests of truth or some other abstraction.
It is individuals who change societies, give birth to ideas; who standing out against tides of opinion, change them.
It is the mark of great people to treat trifles as trifles and important matters as important.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Beryl Bainbridge British Novelist
- P. D. James British Novelist
- Rudyard Kipling British Children’s Books Writer
- Graham Greene British Novelist
- Gladys Bronwyn Stern British Novelist
- J. K. Rowling English Novelist
- H. G. Wells English Novelist, Historian
- Agatha Christie British Novelist
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon English Novelist
- Arnold Bennett British Novelist