If you give people tools, [and they use] their natural ability and their curiosity, they will develop things in ways that will surprise you very much beyond what you might have expected.
The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
Life is not fair; get used to it.
Leaders need to provide strategy and direction and to give employees tools that enable them to gather information and insight from around the world. Leaders shouldn’t try to make every decision.
We all learn best in our own ways. Some people do better studying one subject at a time, while some do better studying three things at once. Some people do best studying in structured, linear way, while others do best jumping around, “surrounding” a subject rather than traversing it. Some people prefer to learn by manipulating models, and others by reading.
Humanity’s greatest advances are not in its discoveries—but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.
Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to so many in so short a time.
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.
Often you just have to rely on your intuition.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sheryl Sandberg American Executive, Author
- David Packard American Businessperson
- W. Clement Stone American Self-help Guru
- Michael Dell American Businessperson
- Michael Bloomberg American Businessperson
- Ted Turner American Businessperson
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- David Rockefeller American Businessman, Philanthropist