Deny first-truths, and reasoning is void. If an opponent denies them, we can only add: “Be not as the horse and the mule, who have no understanding.”
Sensible men show their sense by saying much in few words.—If noble actions are the substance of life, good sayings are its ornament and guide.
Public opinion, or public sentiment, is able to sustain, or to pull down any law of the commonwealth.
The thoughtless tattling tongue often murders the peace, and blights the good name of others, as surely and wickedly as if inflamed by malice.
No man has a right to do as he pleases, except when he pleases to do right.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Hamilton Wright Mabie American Essayist, Editor
- Philip Wylie American Dramatist
- Leo Buscaglia American Motivational Speaker
- Cicely Tyson American Actress
- Margaret Truman American Singer
- Charlie Munger American Investor, Philanthropist