After hard work, the biggest determinant is being in the right place at the right time.
I think if you look at people, whether in business or government, who haven’t had any moral compass, who’ve just changed to say whatever they thought the popular thing was, in the end they’re losers.
What you’ve got to do is be honest. Say what you believe. Give it to them straight. Just don’t wuss out.
Taxes are not good things, but if you want services, somebody’s got to pay for them so they’re a necessary evil.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Donald Trump American Businessperson, Head of State
- Michael Dell American Businessperson
- Sheryl Sandberg American Executive, Author
- Ted Turner American Businessperson
- Jeffrey Immelt American Businessperson
- Chester Barnard American Businessperson
- Richard DeVos American Businessman, Philanthropist
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- David Packard American Businessperson