I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong.
Courage is capacity to confront what cannot be imagined.
Anyone who is happy all the time is nuts.
Happiness, to me, lies in stretching, to the farthest boundaries of which we are capable, the resources of the mind and heart.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Sam Levenson American Humorist
- Mark Twain American Humorist
- Bernard Berenson Russian-born American Art Historian
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- S. J. Perelman American Humorist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw) American Humorist