I must tell you I take terrible risks. Because my playing is very clear, when I make a mistake you hear it. If you want me to play only the notes without any specific dynamics, I will never make one mistake. Never be afraid to dare.
Everyone goes to the forest; some go for a walk to be inspired, and others go to cut down the trees.
I am a general. My soldiers are the keys and I have to command them.
False notes [on the piano] are human. Why does everything have to be perfect? You know, perfection itself is imperfection.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Oscar Levant American Musician
- Stephen Sondheim American Musician
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Barbra Streisand American Musician
- Elvis Presley American Musician
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Louis Armstrong American Jazz Musician