Life has taught me that it is not for our faults that we are disliked and even hated, but for our qualities.
Topics: Life and Living
Between truth and the search for it, I choose the second.
We usually meet all of our relatives only at funerals where somebody always observes: “Too bad we can’t get together more often”.
I wonder whether art has a higher function than to make me feel, appreciate, and enjoy natural objects for their art value. So, as I walk in the garden, I look at the flowers and shrubs and trees and discover in them an exquisiteness of contour, a vitality of edge or a vigor of spring as well as an infinite variety of color that no artifact I have seen in the last 60 years can rival.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Russell Lynes American Art Historian
- Leo Rosten Russian-born American Humorist
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- George Lois American Art Director
- David Ben-Gurion Russian-born Israeli Head of State
- Daniel J. Boorstin American Historian