Business is not just doing deals; business is having great products, doing great engineering, and providing tremendous service to customers. Finally, business is a cobweb of human relationships.
Topics: Business, Engineering
When building a team, I always search first for people who love to win. If I can’t find any of those, I look for people who hate to lose.
Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown.
If someone is blessed as I am is not willing to clean out the barn, who will?
There is no accountability in the public school system – except for coaches. You know what happens to a losing coach. You fire him. A losing teacher can go on losing for 30 years and then go to glory.
Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.
Something in human nature causes us to start slacking off at our moment of greatest accomplishment. As you become successful, you will need a great deal of self-discipline not to lose your sense of balance, humility, and commitment.
Topics: Discipline, Success, Humility, Commitment
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Neil Armstrong American Astronaut
- Bill Clinton American Head of State
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Gerald Ford American Head of State
- Sam Walton American Entrepreneur
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Hillary Rodham Clinton American Head of State