Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, but stigma and bias shame us all.
By lifting the weakest, poorest among us, we lift the rest of us as well.
A lot of presidential memoirs, they say, are dull and self-serving. I hope mine is interesting and self-serving.
The real differences around the world today are not between Jews and Arabs; Protestants and Catholics; Muslims, Croats, and Serbs. The real differences are between those who embrace peace and those who would destroy it; between those who look to the future and those who cling to the past; between those who open their arms and those who are determined to clench their fists.
The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- Hillary Rodham Clinton American Head of State
- Herbert Hoover American Statesman
- Franklin D. Roosevelt American Head of State
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Ronald Reagan American Head of State
- John F. Kennedy American Head of State
- Andrew Jackson American Head of State
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- Woodrow Wilson American Head of State