The law isn’t justice. It’s a very imperfect mechanism. If you press exactly the right buttons and are also lucky, justice may show up in the answer. A mechanism is all the law was ever intended to be.
Topics: Justice, Lawyers
I think a man ought to get drunk at least twice a year just on principle, so he won’t let himself get snotty about it.
If my books had been any worse, I should not have been invited to Hollywood, and if they had been any better, I should not have come.
It is pretty obvious that the debasement of the human mind caused by a constant flow of fraudulent advertising is no trivial thing. There is more than one way to conquer a country.
So by all means let’s have a television show quick and long, even if the commercial has to be delivered by a man in a white coat with a stethoscope hanging around his neck, selling ergot pills. After all the public is entitled to what it wants, isn’t it? The Romans knew that and even they lasted four hundred years after they started to putrefy.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ellery Queen American Crime Fiction Authors
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer
- Dashiell Hammett American Crime Writer
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- John Irving American Novelist
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist
- William Goldman Hollywood Screenwriter