The gods made our bodies as well as our souls, is it not so? They give us voices, so we might worship them with song. They give us hands, so we might build them temples. And they give us desire, so we might mate and worship them in that way.
—George R. R. Martin
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer
- H. P. Lovecraft American Science-fiction Writer
- George Lucas American Filmmaker