Within the university… you can study without waiting for any efficient or immediate result. You may search, just for the sake of searching, and try for the sake of trying. So there is a possibility of what I would call playing. It’s perhaps the only place within society where play is possible to such an extent.
Topics: Education, Universities
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hans-Georg Gadamer German Philosopher
- Jose Ortega y. Gasset Spanish Philosopher
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Friedrich Schleiermacher German Theologian
- Roland Barthes French Literary Theorist
- Marshall Mcluhan Canadian Thinker
- Umberto Eco Italian Novelist
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach German Philosopher