In everyday life the exchange of opinion with others checks our partiality and widens our perspective; we are made to see things from the standpoint of others and the limits of our vision are brought home to us.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Zeno of Citium Greek Philosopher
- Jeremy Bentham British Philosopher, Economist
- Mencius Chinese Philosopher, Sage
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Karl Marx German Philosopher, Economist
- Wilhelm Dilthey German Philosopher