Since each person, as an individual, is the not-being of the other, it is never possible to eliminate non-understanding completely.
Protestantism makes the relation of a man to the Church to depend upon his relation to Christ; Romanism makes the relation of a man to Christ to depend on his relation to the Church.
If your whole life is guided by religion, the hearts of others may be touched by this mute language, and may open to the reception of that spirit which dwells in you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher
- Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach German Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Emanuel Swedenborg Swedish Mystic, Theologian, Scientist
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Wilhelm Dilthey German Philosopher
- Jose Ortega y. Gasset Spanish Philosopher
- Hans-Georg Gadamer German Philosopher
- Zeno of Citium Greek Philosopher