Charity means love towards the neighbor and compassion, for anyone who loves his neighbor as himself also has as much compassion for him in his suffering as he does for himself in his own.
Conscience is God’s presence in Man.
In the spiritual world no one is permitted to think and will in one way and speak and act in another.
Two consorts in heaven are not two, but one angel.
Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want and do.
Charity is to will and do what is just and right in every transaction.
To will and not to do when there is opportunity, is in reality not to will; and to love what is good and not to do it, when it is possible, is in reality not to love it.
What is true is true, and what is false is false…
He who is in evil, is also in the punishment of evil.
Love in its essence is spiritual fire.
It is no proof of a man’s understanding to be able to confirm whatever he pleases; but to be able to discern that what is true is true, and that what is false is false; this is the mark and character of intelligence.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Friedrich Schleiermacher German Theologian
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach German Philosopher
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Hans-Georg Gadamer German Philosopher
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Mencius Chinese Philosopher, Sage
- Zeno of Citium Greek Philosopher