Musical comedies aren’t written, they are rewritten.
The concerts you enjoy together, neighbors you annoy together, children you destroy together, that make marriage a joy.
The fact is popular art dates. It grows quaint. How many people feel strongly about Gilbert and Sullivan today compared to those who felt strongly in 1890?
Over a period of time it’s been driven home to me that I’m not going to be the most popular writer in the world, so I’m always happy when anything in any way is accepted.
When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you’ve written.
Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.
If I cannot fly, Let me sing.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- John Cage American Composer
- Oscar Hammerstein II American Songwriter
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Barbra Streisand American Musician
- Claude Debussy French Composer
- Gian Carlo Menotti Italian-born American Composer
- Oscar Levant American Musician
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Jon Bon Jovi American Musician