The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, ‘Is there a meaning to music?’ My answer would be, ‘Yes.’ And ‘Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?’ My answer to that would be, ‘No.’
Inspiration may be a form of super-consciousness, or perhaps of sub-consciousness—I wouldn’t know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self-consciousness.
Topics: Confidence, Inspiration, Inspirational
To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- John Cage American Composer
- Stephen Sondheim American Musician
- George Gershwin American Composer
- Ned Rorem American Composer
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Lukas Foss German-American Composer