A cat is a regency gentleman—elegant of pose, exquisite of manner, with spotless linen and an enthusiasm for bare knuckle fights, rampaging love affairs, duels by moonlight and the singing of glees. He expects immaculate service from his domestic staff, and possesses a range of invective that would make a navy blanch.
Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks – expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs – that can undermine any tale you’re telling.
When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?
A friendship can weather most silly things and thrive in thin soil – but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often – just to save it from drying out completely.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Gerry Adams Northern Irish Politician
- Robert Nardelli American Business Executive
- Carol Bartz American Businesswoman
- Al Gore American Politician, Environmentalist
- Margaret Trudeau Canadian First Lady, Author
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- James Ellroy American Crime Fiction Writer
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- Charles R. Johnson American Author
- Richard C. Miller American Yogic Scholar