The struggle to save the global environment is in one way much more difficult than the struggle to vanquish Hitler, for this time the war is with ourselves. We are the enemy, just as we have only ourselves as allies. In a war such as this, then, what is victory and how will we recognize it?
The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis. It is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences.
The will to act is a renewable resource.
The relationship between our civilization and the earth has been radically transformed.
Two thousand scientists, in a hundred countries, engaged in the most elaborate, well organized scientific collaboration in the history of humankind, have produced long-since a consensus that we will face a string of terrible catastrophes unless we act to prepare ourselves and deal with the underlying causes of global warming.
A zebra does not change its spots.
Topics: One liners
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles G. Dawes American Diplomat, Politician
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Andrew Jackson American Head of State
- Stewart Brand American Writer
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- T. Boone Pickens American Businessman, Financier
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- Willie Nelson American Country Musician
- Abbie Hoffman American Political Activist