I am conservative by temperament. I disapprove of criminal activity. I am very solidly and markedly on the side of authority. The truth is I would rather err on the side of too much authority than too little.
The 1950s to me is darkness, hidden history, perversion behind most doors waiting to creep out. The 1950s to most people is kitsch and Mickey Mouse watches and all this intolerable stuff…
Topics: Twentieth Century, Gratitude
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Ellery Queen American Crime Fiction Authors
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- Charles R. Johnson American Author
- John Irving American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- George Steiner American Culture Critic
- Truman Capote American Novelist