Things to remember: 1) The worth of character; 2) The improvement of talent; 3) The influence of example; 4) The joy of origination; 5) The dignity of simplicity; 6) The success of perseverance.
Topics: Simplicity, Example
Beware of a misfit occupation… . Consider carefully your natural bent, whether for business or a profession.
The man who puts $10,000 additional capital into an established business is pretty certain of increased returns; and in the same way, the man who puts additional capital into his brains—information, well directed thought and study of possibilities—will as surely—yes, more surely—get increased returns. There is no capital and no increase in capital safer than that.
I have tried to make all my acts and commercial moves the result of definite consideration and sound judgment. There were never any great ventures or risks. I practiced honest, slow-growing business methods, and tried to back them with energy and good system.
Topics: Judging, Judgment, Judges
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- James Cash Penney American Entrepreneur
- Sam Walton American Entrepreneur
- Walt Disney American Entrepreneur
- Lady Bird Johnson First Lady of the United States
- Mary Kay Ash American Entrepreneur
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Martha Stewart American Businesswoman
- Russell Simmons American Music Promoter
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Ray Kroc American Entrepreneur