The perfect normal person is rare in our civilization.
Is not the tremendous strength in men of the impulse to creative work in every field precisely due to their feeling of playing a relatively small part in the creation of living beings, which constantly impels them to an overcompensation in achievement?
Psychoanalysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- David Seabury American Psychologist
- Wilhelm Reich Austrian Psychoanalyst
- Clementine Churchill British Humanitarian
- Charles E. Merrill American Banker
- Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen) Danish Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Hedda Hopper American Actress, Gossip Columnist
- Bernard F. Gimbel American Businessman
- Robert Collier American Self-Help Author
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Sacha Guitry French Actor, Dramatist