An ideal wife is one who remains faithful to you but tries to be just as charming as if she weren’t.
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
I am in favor of preserving the French habit of kissing ladies’ hands – after all, one must start somewhere.
You can pretend to be serious; but you can’t pretend to be witty.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jean Cocteau French Poet, Artist
- Michel Houellebecq French Author
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Jean-Paul Sartre French Philosopher
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Maurice Chevalier French Actor
- Octave Mirbeau French Author
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Jeanne Moreau French Actress