If I’d have gone to art school, or stayed in anthropology, I probably would have ended up back in film … Mostly I just followed my inner feelings and passions … and kept going to where it got warmer and warmer, until it finally got hot … Everybody has talent. It’s just a matter of moving around until you’ve discovered what it is.
Do or do not; there is no try.
Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.
If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds $10 million to the box office.
Part of the issue of achievement is to be able to set realistic goals, but that’s one of the hardest things to do because you don’t always know exactly where you’re going, and you shouldn’t.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- Orson Welles American Film Director, Actor
- Vincent Price American Actor
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Cecil B. DeMille American Filmmaker
- Tom Hanks American Film Actor
- Stanley Kubrick American Film Director