Sometimes I think that the biggest difference between men and women is that more men need to seek out some terrible lurking thing in existence and hurl themselves upon it. Women know where it lives but they can let it alone.
Topics: Men, Women, Men & Women
But when I don’t smoke I scarcely feel as if I’m living. I don’t feel as if I’m living unless I’m killing myself.
After all, when you come right down to it, how many people speak the same language even when they speak the same language?
There are situations in life to which the only satisfactory response is a physically violent one. If you don’t make that response, you continually relive the unresolved situation over and over in your life.
If the past cannot teach the present and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time.
Topics: Past, The Past, Learning
Nothing to be done really about animals. Anything you do looks foolish. The answer isn’t in us. It’s almost as if we’re put here on earth to show how silly they aren’t.
Language is an archeological vehicle… the language we speak is a whole palimpsest of human effort and history.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Ursula K. Le Guin Science-fiction writer
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer
- J. K. Rowling English Novelist
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer