The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it.
A film is—or should be—more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what’s behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Cecil B. DeMille American Filmmaker
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Casey Robinson American Film Producer
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director