Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Topics: Death, Past, Fear, Courage
If you think of yourselves as helpless and ineffectual, it is certain that you will create a despotic government to be your master. The wise despot, therefore, maintains among his subjects a popular sense that they are helpless and ineffectual.
There’s no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves.
Guilt starts as a feeling of failure.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer
- Christopher Isherwood Anglo-American Novelist, Playwright
- Peter Matthiessen American Naturalist, Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Ralph Ellison American Novelist
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- Gene Wolfe American Science Fiction, Fantasy Writer
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- Jonathan Lethem American Novelist, Essayist