To confess your fallibility and then do nothing about it is not humble; it is boasting of your modesty.
Real dissent doesn’t feel like going to school wearing black, but like going to school wearing a clown suit.
The important graphs are the ones where some things are not connected to some other things. When the unenlightened ones try to be profound, they draw endless verbal comparisons between this topic, and that topic, which is like this, which is like that; until their graph is fully connected and also totally useless.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. That which the truth nourishes should thrive.
Truth is work, people are lazy, for a great many lies you need suppose nothing more.
Science has heroes, but no gods. The great Names are not our superiors, or even our rivals, they are passed milestones on our road; and the most important milestone is the hero yet to come.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Paul Vixie American Scientist
- Luther Burbank American Botanist
- George Washington Carver American Scientist
- Bill Joy American Computer Engineer
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg German Philosopher, Physicist
- Ralph Bunche American Political Scientist
- Frederick Banting Canadian Medical Scientist
- Carl Reiner American Comedian
- Seth Godin American Entrepreneur
- Scott Adams American Cartoonist