Informed decision-making comes from a long tradition of guessing and then blaming others for inadequate results.
The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.
A person with a flexible schedule and average resources will be happier than a rich person who has everything except a flexible schedule. Step one in your search for happiness is to continually work toward having control of your schedule.
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
I’m slowly becoming a convert to the principle that you can’t motivate people to do things, you can only demotivate them. The primary job of the manager is not to empower but to remove obstacles.
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
If you notice a lot of attention being given to process improvement, it’s a sure sign that all the smart employees have left the company and those who remain are desperately trying to find a “process” that is so simple that the boneheads who remain can handle it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles M. Schulz American Cartoonist
- Ashleigh Brilliant British Cartoonist
- Lynda Barry American Cartoonist
- William Hogarth English Painter, Engraver
- Joan Rivers American Entertainer
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Mort Walker American Comic Artist
- Don Herold American Humorist
- Theodor Seuss Geisel (‘Dr. Seuss’) American Children’s Books Writer
- James Fallows American Journalist