The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines.
To read the papers and to listen to the news… one would think the country is in terrible trouble. You do not get that impression when you travel the back roads and the small towns do care about their country and wish it well.
Topics: Patriotism, Country
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Diane Sawyer American Journalist
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- Edward R. Murrow American Journalist
- James Fallows American Journalist
- Katherine Anne Porter American Writer
- Thomas Masson American Journalist
- Robert Quillen American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist Memoirist