And who knows? Somewhere out there in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the president’s spouse. I wish him well!
You don’t just luck into things as much as you would like to think you do. You build step by step, whether it is friendships or opportunities.
Topics: Fortune, Luck, Opportunity, One Step at a Time, Work
Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family.
Whether you are talking about education, career, or service, you are talking about life. And life must really have joy. It’s supposed to be fun.
I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life. It’s a cliche and we use it too much but I think for a husband and wife, the way to stay close is to do things together and share.
To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.
Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people—your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.
Topics: Success, Success & Failure
Good education is the essential foundation of a strong democracy.
At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.
I listen and give input only if somebody asks.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Abigail Adams American First Lady
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- Martha Washington American First Lady
- Mary Todd Lincoln American First lady
- Eleanor Roosevelt American Humanitarian
- Soong Mei-ling Chinese Political Figure
- Lady Bird Johnson First Lady of the United States
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- George W. Bush American Head of State
- Margaret Mitchell American Novelist