Steady as a clock, busy as a bee, and cheerful as a cricket.
The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. We carry the seeds of the one or the other about with us in our minds wherever we go.
Topics: Happiness, Perception, Attitude
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy,
in whatever situation I may be; for I have also
learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness
or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
Topics: Attitude, Chance, Experience, Optimism, Positive Attitudes, Happiness
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Barbara Bush American First Lady
- Eleanor Roosevelt American Humanitarian
- Abigail Adams American First Lady
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- Mary Todd Lincoln American First lady
- Soong Mei-ling Chinese Political Figure
- George Washington American Head of State
- Thomas Jefferson American Head of State
- Robert E. Lee American Military General
- Lady Bird Johnson First Lady of the United States