I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.
Topics: Love, Moving on
I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn’t something left in life of charm and grace.
Land is the only thing in the world that amounts to anything, for ‘Tis the only thing in this world that lasts, ‘Tis the only thing worth working for, worth fighting for—worth dying for.
The world can forgive practically anything except people who mind their own business.
Fighting is like champagne. It goes to the heads of cowards as quickly as of heroes. Any fool can be brave on a battlefield when it’s be brave or else be killed.
Topics: Fight, Fighting
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.
Her lips on his could tell him better than all her stumbling words.
What most people don’t seem to realize is that there is just as much money to be made out of the wreckage of a civilization as from the upbuilding of one.
The south produced statesmen and soldiers, planters and doctors and lawyers and poets, but certainly no engineers and mechanics. Let Yankees adopt such low callings. Gone With The Wind
Until you’ve lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- Pearl S. Buck American Novelist
- Timothy Leary American Psychologist
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Caroline Kennedy American Attorney, Diplomat
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- William F. Buckley, Jr. American TV Personality
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- John Steinbeck American Novelist