A problem is your chance to do your best.
Jazz today, as always in the past, is a matter of thoughtful creation, not mere unaided instinct.
There are two kinds of worries—those you can do something about and those you can’t. Don’t spend any time on the latter.
By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn’t want your daughter to associate with.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Billie Holiday American Jazz Singer
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Lena Horne American Singer, Actress
- Bob Dylan American Musician
- Louis Armstrong American Musician
- Vincent Price American Actor
- Willie Nelson American Country Musician
- Leontyne Price American Soprano