He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.
We tell lies when we are afraid… afraid of what we don’t know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
God gets you to the plate, but once your there your on your own.
If you get fooled by a pitch with less than two strikes, take it.
Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game.
All I want out of life is that when I walk down the street, folks will say, “There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived”.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Joe DiMaggio American Baseball Player
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Harmon Killebrew American Baseball Player
- Johnny Bench American Sportsperson
- Arnold Palmer American Sportsperson
- Cookie Lavagetto American Sportsperson
- Mickey Rivers American Sportsperson
- Bill Veeck American Sportsperson
- Casey Stengel American Sportsperson