They say you can’t do it, but sometimes it doesn’t always work.
I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks in batting practice
I might have been able to make it as a pitcher except for one thing: I had a rather awkward motion and every time I brought my left arm forward I hit myself in the ear.
The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven’t made up their minds.
Most ball games are lost, not won.
Most games are lost, not won.
Good pitching will always stop good hitting and vice-versa.
All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.
Being with a woman all night never hurt no professional baseball player. It’s staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in
There comes a time in every man’s life, and I’ve had plenty of them.
The best ballplayer’s the one who doesn’t think he made good. He keeps trying to convince you.
Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits.
Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Cookie Lavagetto American Sportsperson
- Dale Earnhardt American Sportsperson
- Jack Nicklaus American Sportsperson
- Bill Veeck American Sportsperson
- Ted Williams American Sportsperson
- Johnny Bench American Sportsperson
- Joe Paterno American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson