If you really want to help the American theater, don’t be an actress, dahling. Be an audience.
They used to photograph Shirley Temple through gauze. They should photograph me through linoleum.
I’ve tried several varieties of sex. The conventional position makes me claustrophobic and the others give me a stiff neck or lockjaw.
Let’s not quibble! I’m the foe of moderation, the champion of excess. If I may lift a line from a die-hard whose identity is lost in the shuffle, “I’d rather be strongly wrong than weakly right.”
Topics: Excess, Mistakes
I read Shakespeare and the Bible and I can shoot dice. That’s what I call a liberal education.
No man worth his salt, no man of spirit and spine, no man for whom I could have any respect, could rejoice in the identification of Tallulah’s husband. It’s tough enough to be bogged down in a legend. It would be even tougher to marry one.
Topics: Husbands, Marriage
I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone.
Topics: Mental Illness
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Katharine Hepburn American Actor
- Drew Barrymore American Film Actress
- Marlene Dietrich German-born American Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Richard Carlson American Actor
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Will Rogers American Humorist, Actor
- Elizabeth Taylor American Actress
- Sandra Bullock American Film Actress
- Lucille Ball American Actor