Why are we born? We’re born eventually to die, of course. But what happens between the time we’re born and we die? We’re born to live. One is a realist if one hopes.
Something was still there, that something that distinguishes an artist from a performer: the revealing of self. Here I be. Not for long, but here I be. In sensing her mortality, we sensed our own.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Henry Adams American Historian
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Saul Alinsky Community Organizer
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Doris Kearns Goodwin American Historian
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist