The mark of a true crush
Is that you fall in love first
And grope for reasons afterward.
When two people marry they become in the eyes of the law one person, and that one person is the husband.
The difficulty with becoming a patient is that as soon as you get horizontal, part of your being yearns, not for a doctor, but for a medicine man.
Letters are expectation packaged in an envelope.
Faithful horoscope-watching, practiced daily, provides just the sort of small but warm and infinitely reassuring fillip that gets matters off to a spirited start.
Evolution is fascinating to watch. To me it is the most interesting when one can observe the evolution of a single man.
The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.
A plane is a bad place for an all-out sleep, but a good place to begin rest and recovery from the trip to the faraway places you’ve been, a decompression chamber between Here and There. Though a plane is not the ideal place really to think, to reassess or reevaluate things, it is a great place to have the illusion of doing so, and often the illusion will suffice.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Heywood Broun American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist Memoirist
- Arthur Brisbane American Editor
- Ambrose Bierce American Journalist, Author
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- George Horace Lorimer American Editor
- George Jean Nathan American Drama Critic
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer
- A. M. Rosenthal Canadian-born American Editor