Really, in the end, the only thing that can make you a writer is the person that you are, the intensity of your feeling, the honesty of your vision, the unsentimental acknowledgment of the endless interest of the life around and within you. Virtually nobody can help you deliberately-many people will help you unintentionally.
—Santha Rama Rau
Topics: Writers, Writing, Authors & Writing
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Og Mandino American Self-Help Author
- Ned Rorem American Composer
- Lee Kuan Yew Singaporean Statesman
- Thomas Keating American Trappist Monk
- Robert L. Bernstein American Publisher, Activist
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Mother Angelica American Roman Catholic Nun
- Nadine Gordimer South African Novelist