Human rights are not a luxury, or something to be observed if they don’t conflict with some other priority, like peace or economic development. They are instead the key to achieving those things and anything else of urgent importance to the world.
—Robert L. Bernstein
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Chuck Yeager American Aviator
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Thomas Keating American Trappist Monk
- Anthony Bourdain American Chef, TV Personality
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Mario Puzo American Novelist
- Philip Roth American Novelist, Short-story Writer