I think the true gardener is a lover of his flowers, not a critic of them. I think the true gardener is the reverent servant of Nature, not her truculent, wife-beating master. I think the true gardener, the older he grows, should more and more develop a humble, grateful and uncertain spirit.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hans Hofmann American Painter
- John Evelyn English Restoration Diarist
- Thomas Brooks English Puritan Preacher, Author
- Sean O’Casey Irish Dramatist
- Robert Musil Austrian Novelist
- Damon Runyon American Writer, Journalist
- Jeannette Rankin American Politician
- George Harrison English Singer
- Vita Sackville-West English Gardener
- William Shenstone English Poet