Just as counterpoint and harmony follow their own laws, and differ in rhythm and movement, both formal tensions and color tensions have a development of their own in accordance with the inherent laws from which they are separately derived. Both, however, aim toward the realization of the same image. And both deal with the depth problem.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edward Hopper American Painter
- Georgia O’Keeffe American Painter
- Viggo Mortensen Danish American Actor
- Frank O’Hara American Poet, Art Critic
- John Dos Passos American Novelist, Artist
- Margaret Sanger American Social Reformer
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Hedda Hopper American Actress, Gossip Columnist
- Thomas Wolfe American Novelist
- Al Hirschfeld American Caricaturist