We are the buffoons of our children.
Angry men are blind and foolish, for reason at such a time takes flight and, in her absence, wrath plunders all the riches of the intellect, while the judgment remains the prisoner of its own pride.
A high heart ought to bear calamities and not flee them, since in bearing them appears the grandeur of the mind and in fleeing them the cowardice of the heart.
Topics: Perseverance, Endurance, Resolve
I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.
Topics: Cause, Romance, Truth, Love, The Truth, Lies, Hate
Anger represents a certain power, when a great mind, prevented from executing its own generous desires, is moved by it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Luigi Pirandello Italian Dramatist
- Vittorio Alfieri Italian Poet, Dramatist
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- Leon Battista Alberti Italian Architect
- William Motter Inge American Playwright
- Tennessee Williams American Playwright
- Thornton Wilder American Novelist, Dramatist
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Giacomo Leopardi Italian Poet